Typical Swiss Tour EST008
Tour Destination : Geneva | Montreux | Zermatt | Nufenen Pass | Lugano | *Lake Como | Maloja Pass | St. Moritz | Vaduz
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
We start with a city-tour of Geneva this morning. We will show you the beautiful parks along the lake, the old town with its cathedral, the unique town-hall and the European seat of the United Nations. In the late morning we leave Geneva and drive to Lausanne and Montreux. We pass by Chillon Castle, the 13th century fortress made famous by Lord Byron's poem. Time for lunch in Montreux. In the afternoon we proceed through the Valais, the valley of the river Rhone with its orchards and vineyards. At Täsch we will board a cogwheel train that takes us to the mountain resort of Zermatt at the foot of the mighty Matterhorn. Dinner and overnight at first class hotel.
Morning at leisure in Zermatt - admire the quaint old farm houses and barns in their unique style, do some shopping, relax or take an optional cogwheel train up to Gornergrat for a spectacular view of the surrounding snow-covered peaks. After noon board the train to Täsch where our bus is waiting to take us over the breathtaking Nufenen Pass into the Italian speaking part of Switzerland, to the garden city of Lugano. Overnight at first class hotel - dinner on your own.
We leave Lugano and drive along the scenic road to Gandria where we cross the border into Italy. Along the romantic shores of Lake Como via Menaggio to Chiavenna in the lovely Breggaglia Valley. In Castasegna we re-enter to Switzerland and start our ascent along the thirteen hairpin bends over the Maloja Pass. Passing by crystal blue Lake Sils and Silvaplana we reach the world-renowned alpine resort of St. Moritz. (Italian visa necessary for some nationalities). Overnight at first class hotel.
We leave St. Moritz in the morning and cross the Fluela Pass to reach Davos. In the capital of Principality of Liechtenstein, Vaduz, there will be time for lunch and for sightseeing. This tiny country with the mighty castle, which is the home of the present Prince and his family, attracts visitors from all over the world. In the afternoon we will return to Zurich through the Toggenburg region with its picturesque farmhouses. Tour ends at approx. 5 p.m. in Zurich.
- Accommodation on twin/double sharing basis with breakfast
- Meals as mentioned in the itinerary
- Sightseeing & excursions mentioned in the itinerary
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
- Any cost arising due to natural calamities like, landslides, road blockage, political disturbances (strikes), etc (to be borne by the client, who is directly payable on the spot)