Top of Europe and Swiss Palm Trees
Tour Destination : Interlaken/Grindelwald - Jungfraujoch - Lugano/Extended version incl. Wilhelm Tell Express - Lucerne
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival in Interlaken or Grindelwald by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport. It is your choice between Interlaken or Grindelwald upon your booking. Overnight in Interlaken or Grindelwald.
Excursion up to the Jungfraujoch - Top of Europe. The train takes you up to Kleine Scheidegg, at the foot of the famous Eiger North Wall. Further by Jungfrau Railway to the Jungfraujoch - at 3454 m/11'333 ft the highest railway station in Europe. Breathtaking views of the Aletsch Glacier, the longest glacier in the Alps. Overnight in Interlaken or Grindelwald.
Travel through the wonderful Bernese Oberland and the Lötschberg to Brig and further through the Centovalli in Italy to Lugano or Locarno or you can travel via Lucerne through the Gotthard region to Lugano or Locarno. Again it is your choice upon booking if you would like to stay in either Lugano or Locarno. Overnight in Lugano or Locarno.
Day at leisure. Several attractive excursion opportunities are waiting for you. Your Swiss Card entitles you to 50% off rail travel and you might take advantage of the 20% entry reduction voucher for Swissminiatur in Melide. Overnight in Lugano or Locarno.
Return to Swiss border or airport or continue your stay in Switzerland with the Extended version: board the Wilhelm Tell Express train from Bellinzona to Flüelen and further by paddle steamer (sometimes by motor boat) to Lucerne.You will receive a meal voucher worth CHF 19 redeemable on board and get a souvenir at the end of the journey. Overnight in Lucerne.
Return to Swiss border or airport for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Top of Europe and Swiss Palm Trees (4 or 5 transfers) incl. excursion Jungfraujoch in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- 2 nights in either Interlaken or Grindelwald, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Lugano or Locarno, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Voucher 20% reduction for entry to Swissminiatur in Melide open daily app. mid March – end of October 2013
- Extended version: Seat reservation for Wilhelm Tell Express includes meal voucher on board the boat and a souvenir plus 1 night in Lucerne, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fares
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
Prices per person in CHF
1st class rail
| Extended 4-star
hotel incl. 1st
|additional night Interlaken/Grindelwald||102||145||102||145|
|additional night Lucerne||105||150||105||150|
|additional night Lugano/Locarno||105||170||105||170|
|additional night Interlaken/Grindelwald||140||180||140||180|
|additional night Lucerne||145||185||145||185|
|additional night Lugano/Locarno||145||230||145||230|
Supplements per person
CHF 90.– upgrading to 1st class rail for standard version
|Interlaken||3star: City Hotel Oberland, Carlton-Europe, Merkur, Weisses Kreuz, Beau Site, Bernerhof Goldey
4star: Du Lac, Interlaken, Royal St. Georges, Metropole, Du Nord
4star: Kreuz & Post, Eiger
|Lugano||3star: Contintenal Park, International au Lac, Federale, Delfino
4star: Lugano Dante Center, Villa Sassa, Novotel Lugano Paradiso
|Locarno||3star: Du Lac, Dell’ Angelo
|Lucerne||3star: Waldstätterhof, Drei Könige, Ambassador, Magic Hotel (breakfast at htl Krone about 80 m away), Des Alpes, IBIS Styles, De La Paix, Le Stelle.
4star: Art Deco Hotel Montana, Radission Blu, Ameron Flora, Cascada,