The Magic of Scandinavia with Helsinki and Tallin
Tour Destination : Copenhagen, Oslo, Bergen, Honefoss, Stockholm, Helsinki
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Individual arrival to your hotel. Your confirmation will show which hotel we have booked for you. In the early evening your tour escort will arrange a get-together to give information about the tour and give you a chance to meet your fellow travellers. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast. In the morning you will enjoy a city tour, during which you will see The Little Mermaid guarding the port, Nyhavn with all its restaurants and small boats, the City Hall Square and other main features of Copenhagen. The afternoon is free for individual visits, perhaps to the Tivoli Amusement park or an optional tour to Roskilde. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast. . Morning free in Copenhagen. Your tour escort will be happy to advise you about places of interest to visit - we can suggest an optional tour to the three castles in North Sealand, including the Kronborg Castle of Hamlet. Afternoon transfer by coach from hotel to DFDS Seaways terminal for your overnight cruise to Oslo, departing at 17.00 hours. Enjoy your first Scandinavian smörgåsbord dinner as you cruise up the Kattegat. Accommodation in 2-berth inside cabins with shower/WC. We strongly recommend bringing an overnight bag for this cruise, to avoid having to carry your suitcases to and from the cabin.
Buffet breakfast onboard. Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast as you cruise along the enchanting Oslo Fjord. Arrival in Oslo around 09.30 hours, followed by 3 hours guided tour of the Norwegian capital. You will visit the impressive Vigeland Sculpture Park. Evening free. Hotel in the centre of Oslo.
Buffet breakfast. Today you enter the area of the forests and rivers of Norway, following the Hallingdal Valley, known for its folkloric tradition, and continue to Geilo, a winter resort, refreshing also in the summer. You cross the Mountain plateau of Hardanger and on the descent towards the Fjord you pass the famous Waterfall of Vöringsfossen. You cross the Hardanger Bridge and continue along its shores to Bergen, the Gateway of the Fjords. This is Norway's second largest city and it is beautifully situated surrounded by 7 mountains. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast. In the morning you will be introduced to this remarkable City of the old Hansa. You will enjoy the view of the Bryggen area of old wooden houses that is part of the UNESCO World Heritage, as well as the traditional Fish Market. Afternoon free to explore Bergen. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast . Today you will enjoy travelling through the fjord area with fantastic views from Stalheim as well as a 2 hrs cruise of the Sognefjord, the largest fjord in Norway. After the cruise, we leave the majestic Norwegian fjords behind us and travel towards Honefoss where you stay the night. Dinner and overnight.
Buffet breakfast. Today we head for Stockholm, passing through Norwegian landscapes. We cross the border and enter the county of Varmland in Sweden. Throughout the balance of the day we drive through typical Scandinavian scenery with thick forests which will evoke the atmosphere of the fairy-tales of Trolls and mystery. You will also see lakes and other agricultural areas as you approach Stockholm and arrive in the evening. Overnight in Stockholm.
Buffet breakfast. Today you will enjoy a panoramic city tour. Stockholm - the beauty on the water – is undoubtedly one of the most beautiful capitals in the world. This beautiful capital, built on 14 islands with bridges and viewpoints giving an enchanting feeling of space and light. You will walk around the charming Old Town with its narrow cobbled streets, passing The Royal Palace as well as the Great Church, where the present King and Queen were married in 1976. The afternoon is free for individual visits. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast. The day is free for other excursions or visits to the City Hall, the Wasa Museum or a tour to Uppsala and Sigtuna. Overnight
Buffet breakfast. Morning free in Stockholm. At approximately 15.00hrs you will have a transfer from your hotel to the pier, to embark on the cruise ferry Silja Line. The ferry departs from Stockholm and slowly travels down the glorious archipelago past numerous small islands. Dinner on board. Choice of entertainment, bars, shops and casino. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast onboard. Enjoy your buffet breakfast as you sail into Helsinki. Directly after you disembark there is a guided tour of Helsinki. Famous sights include the Senate Square, Uspenski Cathedral, Parliament House, Finlandia Hall, Sibelius Park & Monument, Church in the Rock (if hotel is open to public) and much more. Afternoon free in Helsinki. Accommodation at Hotel.
Buffet breakfast. Excursion to Tallinn, the capital of Estonia. Ferry from Helsinki to Tallinn where you will be meet by the local guide. Tallinn is a charming blend of medieval tranquillity and modern urban life. The medieval Old Town is a busy place in the summer with its many shops, galleries, souvenir markets, outdoor cafés and restaurants. The sightseeing tour takes us around the old medieval city walls and into the Old Town where we see Toompea Castle, the Dome Church, Alexander Nevsky Cathedral and medieval Old Town Hall. Return by ferry to Helsinki. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. . Today is the day to say farewell to the tour, your travel companions and to the Magic of Scandinavia and Helsinki tour.
- Scandinavian breakfast daily while in Scandinavia
- 3 dinners
- DFDS Scandinavian Seaways Copenhagen-Oslo inside 2 berth cabins. Supplement for outside cabin is Eur 120/double or single cabin. Eur180 for triple occupancy
- Touring by first class motor coach plus full time service of a professional Tour escort
- Sightseeing in capitals with tour escort
- Twin bed accommodation at tourist class hotels listed or similar
- Tour conducted in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Dorothy Tours baggage tags and all tour documents
- Overnight cruise on Tallink-Silja Line, exterior 2 berth cabin Stockholm- Helsinki
- For groups of less than 10 passengers, no tour escort from Dorothy Tours will accompany the group to Helsinki. Instead you will have local guide assisting you with sightseeing. For groups over 10 passengers the tour escort from Dorothy Tours will end his/her service on Tuesday after the city tour in Helsinki
- Excursion to Tallinn including return ferry and sightseeing tour and transfers in Tallinn
- Dorothy Tours limits passenger luggage transportation to 1 piece of luggage of normal size (ie. max cm 60 x 80 x 35 or max inches 23,5 x 31,5 x 13,8) per person. Should this be exceeded Dorothy Tours will have to charge an additional per piece of luggage, per tour. (This excludes hand luggage)
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
- Government service tax 3.09%
Copenhagen: Hotel Scandic or Similar
Copenhagen-Oslo: Hotel DFDS Scandinavian Seaways Copenhagen or Similar
Oslo: Hotel Rica Oslo or Similar
Bergen: Hotel First Marin or Similar
Honefoss: Hotel Comfort Ringerike or Similar
Stockholm: Hotel Clarion Amaranten or Similar
Stockholm-Helsinki: Hotel Silja Line, Overnight ferry
Helsinki and Tallin: Hotel Radisson Blu Seaside