The Heart of Scandinavia and Helsinki
Tour Destination : Copenhagen, Oslo, Hardangerfjord, Balestrand, Loen, Bergen, Stockholm, Helsinki
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival transfer from the airport to your hotel. In the early evening your Tour escort will arrange a get-together to give information about the tour and give you a chance to meet your fellow travellers. Hotel in the centre of Copenhagen.
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. The day starts with a 3 hours guided tour of the city. Famous sights include the Royal Amalienborg Palace, Christiansborg Palace, Gefion Fountain, Nyhavn and of course the Little Mermaid. Afternoon free for exploring this fairytale city. Hotel in the centre of Copenhagen.
Buffet breakfast at the hotel. Morning free in Copenhagen. Your tour escort will be happy to advise you about places of interest to visit - we can suggest an optional tour to the three castles in North Sealand, including the Kronborg Castle of Hamlet. Afternoon transfer by coach from hotel to DFDS Seaways terminal for your overnight cruise to Oslo, departing at 17.00 hours. Enjoy your first Scandinavian smörgåsbord dinner as you cruise up the Kattegat. Accommodation in 2-berth outside cabins with shower/WC. We strongly recommend bringing an overnight bag for this cruise, to avoid having to carry your suitcases to and from the cabin.
Buffet breakfast onboard. Enjoy a delicious buffet breakfast as you cruise along the enchanting Oslo Fjord. Arrival in Oslo around 09.30 hours, followed by 3 hours guided tour of the Norwegian capital. You will visit the world-famous Viking Ships Museum and the impressive Vigeland Sculpture Park. Evening free. Hotel in the centre of Oslo.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Day free in Oslo. The bustling Aker Brygge Harbour, the Akershus Fortress, and other popular attractions are all within walking distance of your hotel. Your tour escort will assist you in planning your day and offer optional excursions. Hotel in the centre of Oslo.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Departure from Oslo, driving to the mountain resort of Geilo for a stop. The tour continues passing the wild Hardanger Mountain Pleateau and the highest waterfall, Vöringsfoss, with a vertical drop of 180 m. Descend to the lovely Hardanger Fjord where you will be spending the night at the traditional Ullensvang Hotel, situated at the waterfront. Dinner and overnight stay.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Today you will travel to the Sognefjord starting with crossing the Hardanger bridge before a scenic train journey from Voss to Flåm. This train journey is one of the most famous in Norway and gives fantastic views of the fjord. In Flåm you will take a 2 hours cruise along the Aurlands, Naeröy and Sognefjord. After this you have a breathtaking ascent of the Stalheim Canyon, with impressive views of the Naeroy Valley, its mountain peaks and waterfalls. Continue by coach over the Vika mountains to Vangsnes, followed by a short trip by ferry crossing the Sognefjord. Arrival in Balestrand in time for dinner and accommodation at the Kviknes Hotel, beautifully located overlooking the fjord.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Departure from hotel by coach to Fjaerland. Visit to the glacier Museum. Continue by coach along the scenic route, passing the Jostedal Glacier (the largest in Europe) and the village of Skei. Descend to the beautiful Nord Fjord, making a detour at Olden to visit the world-famous Briksdal Glacier. The journey up to the glacier will be made in open troll cars to give you the best view. During the afternoon the tour continues to Loen. Dinner and accommodation at the first class hotel Alexandra in Loen.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Depart Loen for Bergen. Once again we drive the scenic road around Nord Fjord and Skei before arriving at Forde for lunch(optional). The journey continues with a short ferry crossing from Lavik to Oppedal. Arrive early evening in Bergen – a World Heritage City. Hotel in central Bergen.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. This morning you will enjoy a city tour of this beautiful Old Hansa Town, surrounded by 7 mountains. The tour escort will show you the Old Bryggen area and the popular Fish & Flower Market, the ancient Maria Church, Hanseatic Quarter, Old Bryggen Harbour and other famous sights. Hotel in central Bergen.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Departure transfer to international airport outside Bergen. We will take flight to Stockholm – the capital of Sweden. Arrival at Arlanda International Airport in Stockholm. Transfer to your hotel. Hotel in central Stockholm.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. The day starts with a 3 hours guided tour of the city. Famous sights include the Royal Palace, Parliament Buildings, Cathedral, Royal Theatre, etc. You will also visit the Old Town (Gamla Stan) with its narrow cobbled streets and numerous antique shops. Highlight of the tour is a visit to City Hall with its famous Blue and Golden Halls, where the Nobel Prize banquet is held each year. Afternoon free in Stockholm, with the possibility of visiting the famous Wasa Museum or take one of the popular canal tours. Hotel in central Stockholm.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Full day for independent activities. Your Tour Escort will help you with information and suggestions of what you can do and see in Stockholm during your free time. Tonight you will be served a farewell dinner. Hotel in central Stockholm.
Buffet breakfast . Morning free in Stockholm. At approximately 15.00hrs you will have a transfer from your hotel to the pier, to embark on the cruise ferry Silja Line. The ferry departs from Stockholm and slowly travels down the glorious archipelago past numerous small islands. Dinner on board. Choice of entertainment, bars, shops and casino. Overnight.
Buffet breakfast onboard. Enjoy your buffet breakfast as you sail into Helsinki. Directly after you disembark there is a 2 hours guided tour of Helsinki. Famous sights include the Senate Square, Uspenski Cathedral, Parliament House, Finlandia Hall, Sibelius Park & Monument, Church in the Rock (if open to public) and much more. Afternoon free in Helsinki. Accommodation at Hotel.
Buffet breakfast at hotel. Today is the day to say farewell to the tour, your travel companions and to the Heart of Scandinavia and Helsinki tour with your transfer to the airport. If you are interested in travelling further East, we also offer extensions to Baltic countries and to Russia.
- Scandinavian breakfast daily
- 6 dinners
- Transfers included upon arrival in Copenhagen and departure in Helsinki
- Touring by first class air-conditioned motor coach plus full time service of a professional tour escort from Dorothy Tours
- Scandinavian Seaways Copenhagen-Oslo outside 2 berth cabins
- 2nd class train Voss-Myrdal-Flåm
- Local ferries in Norway according to programme
- Electric "Trolls cars" to the Briksdal Glacier
- Entries to Viking Ship Museum in Oslo, Glacier Museum in Fjaerland, and City Hall in Stockholm
- Economy class one way flight ticket Bergen-Stockholm (max 20kg luggage)
- Sightseeing in capitals with local guide (in Bergen with tour escort)
- Tour conducted in English, Spanish and/or Portuguese
- Twin/dbl bed accommodation at first/superior first class hotels listed or similar
- Overnight cruise with Silja Line between Stockholm and Helsinki-outside 2 berth cabins
- For groups of less than 10 passengers, no tour escort from Dorothy Tours will accompany the group to Helsinki. Instead you will have local guide assisting you on your sightseeing. For groups over 10 passengers, the tour escort from Dorothy Tours will end his/her service on Tuesday after the city tour in Helsinki
- Luggage handling of one piece of luggage per person at hotels
- Itinerary and time are subject to changes without prior notice
- Dorothy Tours limits passenger luggage transportation to 1 piece of luggage of normal size (ie. max cm 60 x 80 x 35 or max inches 23,5 x 31,5 x 13,8) per person. Should this be exceeded Dorothy Tours will have to charge an additional EUR 105 per piece of luggage for hotels, per tour
- For extra bag on Flight BGO-STO an extra bag á 20kg is min EUR 120 not refunded, subject to confirmation (This excludes hand luggage)
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
- Government service tax 3.09%
Copenhagen: Hotel Copenhagen Admiral or Similar Copenhagen-Oslo: DFDS: 2-berth outside cabins Oslo: Hotel Grand or Similar Lofthus: Hotel Ullensvang or Similar Balestrand: Hotel Kvikne’s or Similar Loen: Hotel Alexandra or Similar Bergen: Hotel Radisson BLU Royal or Similar Stockholm: Hotel Radisson Blu Royal Viking or Similar Stockholm-Helsinki: Silja Line overnight ferry Helsinki: Hotel Radisson Blu Seaside or Similar