Scenic Switzerland SWR009
Tour Destination : Lucerne – Pilatus – Glacier Express – Zermatt – Gornergrat
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival in Lucerne by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. Get the German touch in Lucerne – the heart of Switzerland. A stunning setting, world-famous sights, exciting modern architecture, endowed museums and much more make Lucerne a thrilling city to visit. Overnight in Lucerne. Optional version: continue your journey to Pilatus Kulm (see 2nd day) and stay at the Hotel Pilatus-Kulm or Hotel Bellevue.
Cruise on Lake Lucerne from Lucerne to Alpnachstad or take the Zentralbahn Railway. Whether you take the world's steepest cogwheel railway from Alpnachstad (operating from May – November) or the panorama gondolas and aerial cableway from Kriens, the Pilatus offers a unique alpine experience! Choose if you want to stay at the summit of Mount Pilatus in Hotel Bellevue or in downtown Lucerne.
Take the train to Göschenen and further to Andermatt where you board the world famous Glacier Express train to the Alpine Resort Zermatt at the foot of the majestic Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt. Optional version: continue your journey to Gornergrat (see 4th day) and overnight at 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat – the highest hotel in the Swiss Alps.
The Gornergrat Bahn, Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9.339 km away. On the viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Choose if you want an overnight at the 3100 Kulmhotel Gornergrat or in Zermatt.
Return to Swiss border or airport for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Scenic Switzerland (5 transfers) incl. Mount Pilatus and Gornergrat in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- 2 nights in Lucerne or Mount Pilatus, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt or Gornergrat, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
Prices per person in CHF
3-starhotel* 1.4.–21.12.13 5.1.–1.4.13
4-starhotel* 1.4.–21.12.13 5.1.–1.4.13
Supplements per person
* 3-star-hotel Zermatt 1.–8.4.13 + 5.1.–1.4.14: CHF 45.– pppn double/single room **4-star-hotel Zermatt 1.-8.4.13 + 5.1.–1.4.14: CHF 50.– pppn in a double / CHF 55 pppn in a single room
CHF 100.– upgrading to 1st class rail
|Interlaken:||3star: City Hotel Oberland, Carlton-Europe, Merkur, Weisses Kreuz, Beau Site, Bernerhof Goldey
4star: Du Lac, Interlaken, Royal St. Georges, Metropole, Du Nord
|Lucerne:||3star: Waldstätterhof, Drei Könige, Magic Hotel (breakfast at htl Krone about 80 m away), Des Alpes, IBIS Styles, De La Paix, Le Stelle.
4star: Art Deco Hotel Montana, Radission Blu, Flora, Cascada
|Zermatt:||3star: Sarazena, Bristol, Excelsior, Butterfly
4star: Swiss Alpine Hotel, Allalin, Alpen Resort, Simi, Walliserhof, La Ginabelle, Pollux, Parkhotel Beau Site, Schlosshotel Tenne