Royal views: James-Bond-Mountain + Matterhorn glacier paradise
Tour Destination : Interlaken - Schilthorn - Lotschberger - Zermatt - Matterhorn glacier paradise
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival in Interlaken by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. Overnight in Interlaken.
Excursion to the «James-Bond-Mountain » (film location). First the train takes you from Interlaken Ost to Lauterbrunnen where you board the bus to Stechelberg. From there several cable cars take you up to Schilthorn Piz Gloria - at 2970 m/9'744 ft. A spectacular 360° panorama view awaits you - some 200 snow-capped peaks, ranging from the Bernese Alps to Mont Blanc in France and Germany's Black Forest. An additional highlight is the world's first revolving mountain restaurant at an altitude of nearly 3000 metres. Overnight in Interlaken.
Travel either via the Lötschberg base tunnel directly to Visp and further to Zermatt. Or by the Lötschberger - The new air conditioned train with big windows using the traditional scenic Lötschberg Line, passing the imposing Kander Viaduct, the helical tunnel around the Felsenburg and the descent to Brig with the imposing view onto the Rhone Valley and continue your journey to Zermatt (www.bls.ch/ loetschberger). Zermatt, at the foot of the Matterhorn, is the perfect Alpine resort. On arrival you might take the opportunity to go on an optional excursion to Rothorn paradise to enjoy the best view of the Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
Excursion to the Matterhorn glacier paradise - Europe's highest mountain lift with the most fascinating and highest glacier palace in the world - at 3883 m/12'740 ft. Experience the mystical world below the perpetual ice with its ice sculptures and exhibition about glaciers, geology and the wine in Zermatt. Round off this excursion with a visit to the highest viewing platform in Europe at the Matterhorn glacier paradise. Overnight in Zermatt.
Return to Swiss border or airport for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Royal views (5 transfers) incl. Schilthorn + Matterhorn glacier paradise incl. entry to the glacier palace in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- 2 nights in Interlaken, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/ WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25- 50% of the regular fares
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
Valid from 01st – 28th April, 16th May – 10th November, 05th – 20th December 2014 and 5th January – 1st April 2015
Prices per person in CHF
|3-star-hotel 21-28.04.14 16.5.–10.11.14 05-20.12.14||4-star-hotel 1-21.4.14
|4-star-hotel 21-28.04.14 16.5.–10.11.14 05-20.12.14|
|Additional Night Interlaken||102||102||145||145|
|Additional Night Zermatt||150||105||185||165|
|Additional Night Interlaken||140||140||180||180|
|Additional Night Zermatt||165||120||210||160|
Supplements per person
CHF 100.– upgrading to 1st class rail
|Interlaken:||3star: City Hotel Oberland, Carlton-Europe, Merkur, Weisses Kreuz, Beau Site, Bernerhof Goldey
4star: Du Lac, Interlaken, Royal St. Georges, Metropole, Du Nord
|Zermatt:||3star: Sarazena, Bristol, Excelsior, Butterfly
4star: Swiss Alpine Hotel, Allalin, Alpen Resort, Simi, Walliserhof, La Ginabelle, Pollux, Parkhotel Beau Site, Schlosshotel Zermatt