Grand Tour of Switzerland
Tour Destination : Zürich/Geneva - Lucerne - Mount Titlis - St. Moritz - Glacier Express - Zermatt - Gornergrat - Geneva/Zürich
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival in Zürich or Geneva by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or any Swiss airport. Overnight in Zürich or Geneva (your choice - pls indicate on the booking request).
Take the train to Lucerne. You will find everything here: a historical city, a lake, mountains, good shopping - a distinctive consonance of nature and work of man, which has been preserved and carefully developed for centuries. Overnight in Lucerne.
Morning excursion to Mount Titlis - at 3020 m/10'000 ft. From Lucerne the train takes you to the mountain monestry village Engelberg where you board a gondola which takes you up to the Trübsee. You continue your trip by another gondola to Stand and finally the first revolving Titlis Rotair cablecar takes you up to Mount Titlis. For a spectacular, close-up insight into a glacier, visit the glacier cave and ride the Ice Flyer chairlift. Overnight in Lucerne.
The journey continues by train to St. Moritz which is one of the most famous holiday resorts in the world and its name is synonymous with quality and elegance. Find out all that St. Moritz is known for today, why its name is copyright protected, how it developed from its humble beginnings with pilgrims visiting its mineral sources until it became the modern center for sports competitions and extravaganza as we know it today. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you board the Glacier Express Premium which is one of the great train journeys in the world. You travel from St.Moritz to Zermatt. A 71/2 hour railway journey across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2'033 metres in altitude. Overnight in Zermatt.
Today you go on an excursion by cogwheel railway up to the Gornergrat where you will have a superb panoramic view of the Matterhorn, Mont Blanc and other snow-capped peaks rising to above 4000 m/13'000 ft. Overnight in Zermatt.
The train takes you from Zermatt to either Geneva or Zürich. Both cities offer excellent shopping and a lot more. Overnight in Geneva or Zürich (your choice - pls indicate on the booking request).
Return to Swiss border for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Grand Tour of Switzerland (6 transfers) incl. excursions Mount Titlis and Gornergrat in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport.
- Seat reservation for Glacier Express Premium
- 1 night in Zürich or Geneva (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Lucerne, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in St. Moritz, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in Geneva or Zürich (your choice), room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal- coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25-50% of the regular fare
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
Prices per person in CHF
|3-star- 1.–21.4.14 5.1.–1.4.15||3-star 21.4.–10.5.14 13.–20.12.14||3-star 10.5.–26.10.14||4-star- 1.–21.4.14 5.1.–1.4.15||4-star 21.4.–10.5.14 13.–20.12.14||4-star 10.5.–26.10.14|
Supplements per person
CHF 160.- upgrading to 1st class rail
On Request.- lunch on board the Glacier Express
|Zürich:||3star: Montana, Comfort Inn Royal, Rütli
4star: Central Plaza, Glockenhof
|Geneva:||3star: Strasbourg-Univers, Cristal
4star: Cornavin, Montbrillant, Manotel Auteuil, Manotel N’vY.
|Lucerne:||3star: Waldstätterhof, Drei Könige, Ambassador, Magic Hotel (breakfast at htl Krone about 80 m away), Des Alpes, IBIS Styles, De LaPaix, Le Stelle
4star: Art Deco Hotel Montana, Radission Blu, Ameron Flora, Cascada
|St. Moritz:||3star: Baren, Soldanella, Hauser, Laudinella
4star: Art Boutique Hotel Monopol, Steffani, Crystal
|Zermatt:||3star:Sarazena, Bristol, Excelsior, Butterfly
4star:Swiss Alpine Hotel, Allalin, Alpen Resort, Simi, Walliserhof, La Ginabelle, Pollux, Parkhotel Beau Site, Schlosshotel Zermatt