Flavors of Greece
Tour Destination : Greece
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival at the Athens airport, welcome assistance and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athens.
The day is dedicated to exploring the city of Athens. We begin with a panoramic tour to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon stadium, the Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma square, the Parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, Schliemann's house, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the old Parliament. Next we head for our guided visit to the Acropolis, including the Propylae, the temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion. Later, we continue with a guided visit to the Acropolis museum voted one of the best museums in the world. Afternoon at leisure to explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city, and why not, some shopping at Ermou street.
After our breakfast we depart towards Delphi. Delphi used to be the most sacred spot in the world and a pilgrimage center for many centuries in the antiquity. You will admire the Sanctuary of Apollo, walk the Sacred way, and visit the temple of Apollo, home of Pythia (the oracle). We continue to the local museum with the famous bronze statue of the Charioteer. In the afternoon we will take the road back to Athens. Overnight in Athens.
After our breakfast we depart towards the Peloponnese. First stop will be at the impressive Corinth canal and we continue to Epidaurus with its theater, famous for its acoustics. Our day continues as we will be arriving in Nafplion for a short stop. Our next visit will be to Mycenae «rich in gold» as Homer mentions, with the Cyclopean walls, and the tomb of Agamemnon with the famous Lion’s Gate. In the afternoon we will take the road back to Athens. Overnight in Athens.
Breakfast and day at leisure to explore more of the city on your own. A walk in Ermou street for some shopping, or exploring Plaka, Monastiraki and Thision are some of your options for the day. Alternative, you may join any of the available optional excursions (depending on the day of the week), to visit Delphi, or Argolis (Corinth canal, Mycenae, Epidaurus) or Cape Sounion (temple of Poseidon), or join a day cruise to Aegina, Poros and Hydra). Overnight in Athens.
Breakfast and at the appropriate time, transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
1. Entrance/admission fees to various sites and museums are set by the Greek government, and in case of change, prices will be adjusted accordingly. Currently included entrance fees are based on rates valid as of April 1st 2016.
2. Above rates include VAT 24%. In case of change of VAT, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
- Accommodation on BB, 4 nights in Athens.
- Athens city tour with Acropolis and Acropolis museum, on SIC, including English speaking guide.
- The F/D Delphi or F/D Argolis tour, on SIC, including lunch and English speaking guide
- All transfers
- Meet & Greet service for tour briefing and orientation, the day of arrival by an English speaking representative
- All entrance/admission fees to sites and museums
- All taxes and our services
- Any meals other than those mentioned above
- Any drinks during included meals
- Any personal expenses
- Any tips
- Any porterage at hotels.
- Anything else not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Basic 4* Hotels – FIRST CLASS
- Athens : Titania (standard rooms) (www.titania.gr)
- Alexandros (www.airotel.gr)
Superior 4* Hotels – SUPERIOR CLASS
- Athens : Herodion (www.herodion.gr)
- Parthenon (www.airotel.gr)
5* Hotels (Athens only) – DELUXE CLASS
- Athens : Intercontinental (www.athenaeumintercontinentalathens.com)
- St. George Lycabettus (www.sglycabettus.gr) (at exterior view room)