Flavors of Athens
Tour Destination : Athens
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival at the Athens airport, welcome assistance and transfer to the hotel. Rest of the day at leisure. Overnight in Athens.
The day is dedicated to exploring the city of Athens. We begin with a panoramic tour to the most important monuments and landmarks of the city including the Panathinaikon stadium, the Zappeion, the temple of Olympian Zeus, Hadrian's Arch, Syntagma square, the Parliament, the tomb of the unknown soldier, Schliemann's house, the Academy, the University, the National Library, and the old Parliament. Next we head for our guided visit to the Acropolis, including the Propylae, the temple of Athena Nike, the Parthenon, the Erechtheion. Later, we continue with a guided visit to the Acropolis museum voted one of the best museums in the world. Afternoon at leisure to explore Plaka, the picturesque old part of the city, and why not, some shopping at Ermou street.
Early breakfast this morning and we transfer to the port of Trokadero for a day cruise to the islands of the Saronic gulf. Our first port of call will be Hydra. A picturesque little “vehicle free” island, well-known to the international jet-set. Take a donkey ride, explore the little cobble-stoned streets and visit the Mitropolis at your own pace. Next, we will be visiting the island of Poros with it clock tower facing the Peloponnese. Last will be a visit to Aegina, a weekend retreat island for many Athenians. Enjoy a horse-drawn carriage ride or take an optional visit to the temple of Afea. Before leaving make sure to buy some pistachios, as Aegina is world-famous for its production. During cruising, you will enjoy a buffet lunch on board, and on the way back you will have to opportunity to see and participate to some traditional Greek dances! Return transfer to our hotel.
Breakfast and day at leisure to explore more of the city on your own. A walk in Ermou street for some shopping, or exploring Plaka, Monastiraki and Thision are some of your options for the day. Alternative, you may join any of the available optional excursions (depending on the day of the week), to visit Delphi, or Argolis (Corinth canal, Mycenae, Epidaurus) or Cape Sounion (temple of Poseidon). Overnight in Athens.
Breakfast and at the appropriate time, transfer to the airport for your departure flight.
1. Entrance/admission fees to various sites and museums are set by the Greek government, and in case of change, prices will be adjusted accordingly. Currently included entrance fees are based on rates valid as of April 1st 2016.
2. Above rates include VAT 24%. In case of change of VAT, prices will be adjusted accordingly.
- Accommodation on BB, 4 nights in Athens.
- Athens city tour with Acropolis and Acropolis museum, on SIC, including English speaking guide.
- All transfers
- Meet & Greet service for tour briefing and orientation, the day of arrival by an English speaking representative
- The day cruise to Aegina, Poros and Hydra, including transfers and lunch on board.
- All entrance/admission fees to sites and museums
- All taxes and our services
- Any meals other than those mentioned above
- Any drinks during included meals
- Any personal expenses
- Any tips
- Any porterage at hotels.
- Anything else not specifically mentioned in the inclusions.
Basic 4* Hotels – FIRST CLASS
- Athens : Titania (standard rooms) (www.titania.gr)
- Alexandros (www.airotel.gr)
Superior 4* Hotels – SUPERIOR CLASS
- Athens : Herodion (www.herodion.gr)
- Parthenon (www.airotel.gr)
5* Hotels (Athens only) – DELUXE CLASS
- Athens : Intercontinental (www.athenaeumintercontinentalathens.com)
- St. George Lycabettus (www.sglycabettus.gr) (at exterior view room)