Tour Destination : Zermatt – Gornergrat – Glacier Express – St. Moritz – Bernina Express – Lugano
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Arrival in Zermatt by train 2nd class from the Swiss border or airport. Enjoy Zermatt, the famous car-free Alpine resort at the foot of the Matterhorn. Overnight in Zermatt.
From Zermatt, the popular Gornergrat Bahn, Europe’s highest open-air cogwheel railway, takes you up to the Gornergrat 9.339 km away. The train crosses impressive bridges, galleries and tunnels. On the Gornergrat viewing platform you are surrounded by 29 peaks rising to above 4000 m. Overnight in Zermatt.
Board the Glacier Express and enjoy one of the greatest rail journeys in the world. A 7½ hour rail journey takes you across 291 bridges, through 91 tunnels and across the Oberalp Pass at 2033 m to St. Moritz. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Day at leisure in St. Moritz. Chic, elegant and exclusive with a cosmopolitan ambiance, it is located at 1,856 metres above sea level in the middle of the Upper Engadin lake landscape. The dry, sparkling “champagne climate” is legendary and the celebrated St. Moritz sun shines for an average of 322 days a year. Overnight in St. Moritz.
Today you travel with the Bernina Express of the Rhaetian Railway along the UNESCO World Heritage route. Enjoy an Alpine switchback ride, taking you from a land of towering glaciers to one of swaying palms. Overnight in Lugano.
Return to Swiss border or airport for flight back to home.
- Swiss Card Classical Switzerland (4 transfers) in 2nd class from/to Swiss border or airport
- Seat reservation Glacier Express, Bernina Express (train + coach)
- Excursion to Gornergrat
- 2 nights in Zermatt, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 2 nights in St. Moritz, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- 1 night in Lugano, room, bath or shower/WC, breakfast
- Voucher 20% reduction for entry to Swissminiatur in Melide, open daily app. mid March until end of October
- Any additional tickets for optional excursions to travel by rail, boat, postal-coaches and cable cars can be purchased at 25–50% of the regular fares
- Airfare & Airport Taxes Excluded
- Meals other than those listed in Inclusions
- Any Extra activities, Guide, Camera fee charges etc
- Drinks, tips, laundry, porterage, telephone calls & expenses of personal nature
- Peak season/Convention period surcharges extra
- Visa Cost
- Travel Insurance
- Any other services not mentioned in Inclusions
Prices per person in CHF
|additional night in Zermatt||105||138|
|additional night in St. Moritz||122||168|
|additional night in Lugano||105||170|
|additional night in Zermatt||120||165|
|additional night in St. Moritz||142||190|
|additional night in Lugano||145||230|
Supplements per person
CHF 123.– upgrading to 1st class rail
On Request – lunch on board the Glacier Express
|Zermatt:||3star: Sarazena, Bristol, Excelsior, Butterfly
4star: Swiss Alpine Hotel, Allalin, Alpen Resort, Simi, Walliserhof, La Ginabelle, Pollux, Parkhotel Beau Site, Schlosshotel Tenne
|St. Moritz:||3star: Baren, Soldanella, Hauser, Laudinella
4star: Art Boutique Hotel Monopol, Steffani, Crystal
|Lugano||3star: Contintenal Park, International au Lac, Federale, Delfino
4star: Lugano Dante Center, Villa Sassa, Novotel Lugano – Paradiso