Tour Destination : Austria: Salzburg
- Inclusion & Exclusion
- Optional Sightseeing
Welcome to Austria - a place of exuberant palaces, baroque abbeys and spirit-soaring landscapes!
Upon arrival in the musical town of Salzburg, you will proceed to the Hotel on your own and check-in.
The rest of the day is at leisure to explore the Old Town's maze of Gassen (alleys), vaulted taverns serving meaty favorites like Hungarian goulash and explore the specialty shops in selling designer labels and kitschy yodeling souvenirs.
Later, why not take an optional ''Sound of Music tour'' which takes you around beautiful lakes and mountain area known as the Salzkammergut from our below mentioned list.
City Tour of Salzburg. (Seat in Coach)
Stroll through Mozart's Salzburg and take a closer look at the main sights of this picturesque city. The tour begins by the Palace of Mirabell which was built in year 1606, then pass the Mozarteum (University of Music) one of the world's most prestigious music academies. You will arrive in Markart Square with the Landestheatre (The Regional Theatre), The Trinity Church and Mozart's Wohnhaus (Mozart's Residence), where Mozart lived for many years. Crossing over the Salzach (Salt) river you will have a wonderful view of this magical city. You will pass by the Law Courts on the way to the Hellbrunn Palace where you will have a short photo stop. Hellbrunn Palace was built at the start of the 17th century to the design of the great architect Santino Solari and used as a hunting lodge and weekend residence by Salzburg's Archbishops. On the way back to the city centre you will pass by the Palace of Frohnburg and the Nonnberg Abbey, situated beneath the impressive Hohensalzburg Fortress, before entering the heart of the city through the Siegmunds Gate. Once in the old city you will pass by the Festival Halls, Old University, Horse Pond, Getreidegasse and the Blasius Church. The tour finishes in Mozart Square where you will see the famous Mozart statue and the Cathedral.
Today transfer to Salzburg Airport for your onwards journey (On your own).
- Accommodation at city centre hotels including breakfast and taxes.
- Sightseeing as mentioned in the itinerary on a Seat in Coach basis. (If the tour starts from a city centre point, transportation to and from the hotel is not included)
- Meals Specified as per itinerary
- City Tour of Salzburg (Seat in Coach)
- International air ticket.
- Airport taxes.
- Visa charges.
- Overseas Medical Insurance.
- Meals, Tips, Laundry, telephone, optional excursions and other items of a personal nature.
- Cost of foreign exchange for personal use.
- Any items or services not specified in the itinerary 'PACKAGE INCLUDES' head
Salzburg: Holiday Inn City or Similar
Sound of Music Tour : € 44 Per Person