Terms & Conditions
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR GROUPS
- Minimum 20% non refundable booking amount at time of booking is required to start the booking process.
- Balance 80% payable as per deadlines set.
- Upon acceptance of our offer & receipt of the booking amount, we will only make a provisional booking with the hotel and service providers. We will inform you of the deadlines, payment deadlines and raise an invoice.
- The hotel will only be confirmed after receipt in our bank of minimum amount as specified in the invoice which covers all cancellation liability of Holiday Carnival for, but not limited to Hotels, coaches, restaurants & catering, event locations, sightseeings, guides etc. This is over & above the non refundable booking amount.
- Balance amount of the invoice amount is now due as per our payment deadline or maximum within one week if no deadlines are specified.
- The rest of the bookings can only be done after 100% payment reflects in our bank account and within our deadline.
- If the payment does not arrive within the time lines, we are not responsible for any bookings not being available, getting released, or being cancelled. Holiday Carnival reserves the right to cancel services in part or full due to late or non payment. Normal cancellation Terms & conditions apply for booking cancellations resulting from late or non payment.
- Payment delays caused by changes in our invoice as a result of changing requirements are not acceptable & will not be considered.
- You also have to advice us final number of adults & children (with age) within one week of confirming the booking, enabling us to block or purchase correct sightseeing tickets. In case we do not receive the information in time, we will book all adult tickets & charge accordingly.
- We work ONLY ON 100% PRE PAYMENT BASIS. Vouchers, passes and tickets will be issued within 5 – 14 working days after receipt of full payment. These will be delivered to your client/tour leader upon arrival or deposited at the first hotel.
Child 0-2 yrs (Infants) will be free of cost (baby cot can be requested for infants in advance)
Child without Bed will be charged 50% of adult rate
Child with Extra Bed in double room will be charged 90 % of adult rate
Guests above the age of 12 yrs will be considered adult
- Maximum 1 extra bed per room. (Subject to availability)
- As per the fire laws in Europe – not more than 3 guests (infants included) are permitted per standard room.
- Family rooms are only subject to availability. In case of 4 members in a family, and in case of family rooms not being available, 2 double/twin rooms will be booked & any increase in price has to be paid by you.
Free of Cost Policy
- 1 x FOC for tour leader, 1 x per coach on ½ twin basis to a max of 1 FOC’s per group.
Coaches & Timing Restrictions
Please note EC regulation for coach drivers: Final itinerary will be made keeping these laws in consideration.
- In one day a driver is not permitted to drive for more than total of 8 hours between 0800 hrs – 2100 hrs.
- The duty time of the driver are 12- 15 hrs per day depending on the country they are in.
- In one week a driver is not to exceed 5 days of 12 hours & 2 days of 14 hrs. This is not specific to your itinerary. This will be influenced by the drivers previous duties.
- In one day a driver must have 11 consecutive hours of rest. This can be reduced to 9 hours only three times per week. This is not specific to your itinerary. This will be influenced by the drivers previous duties.
- In a week, driver has to have one day as a full holiday. This is not specific to your itinerary. This will be influenced by the drivers previous duties.
- The above EU laws can be overruled by the specific laws of a particular country. This is at the sole discretion of the police at the time of checking.
Should the above regulations not to be adhered to it is possible that:
- Police checking driver’s hours prevent coaches from continuing the journey. The coach will be impounded.
- Drivers will delay departure of the next service
- In the event of an accident no insurance claims can be made.
- Upon periodic checking of the coach company Teco graphs, licenses can be revoked.
We do not accept any responsibility for compliance or for risks associated with non – compliance with the above regulations or any other relevant legal requirements.
- Itinerary is operable only if the above mentioned timings are adhered to by the group members. The responsibility to inform the group members lies with the you the Tour Operator / Travel agent or your Tour Leaders (minimum one per coach). Our Tour Leader’s (if booked) have the authority to leave group members behind who do not adhere to the timings outlined in the tour programme.
- Holidays Carnival is not responsible for any delays & discomfort caused by the need to replace a coach as a result of coach being impounded.
- Holidays Carnival does not take responsibility of being able to provide any alternative transportation as a result of delays caused by the group members resulting in non compliance of the driving laws.
- Please indicate any changes desired at least one month prior to the group arrival date so that we can concentrate on minute details & other important organizational issues which will enhance & consolidate the experience of the tour.
- Smoking, Eating & Drinking (alcohol or any other beverages except water) on the coaches is strictly not permitted.
- Toilets on the coaches are for emergencies only.
- It is the responsibility of your Tour Leader to maintain hygiene & cleanliness on his/her coach & distribute sick bags to guests.
- Not complying to the above cleanliness conditions & civic responsibilities, the coach driver is permitted to charge a compensation which he deems fit.
- Please note that most European drivers speak basic English at best. This is limited to being able to communicate & fixing departure times & pick up points.
- We are not responsible for communication problems or miscommunications between the driver & your Tour leader or your group due to language problems.
- To avoid the above language problems you have to book a local European Tour Escort.
Food & Beverage
- All the meals are booked as per your specifications. Please send us your special meal requirements atleast one month prior to arrival of the group.
- Our quote does not specify which restaurants will be booked. Holidays Carnival is free to choose restaurants for meals.
- If you require a specific restaurant or caterer, please request it during quotation process so correct costs can be provided.
- No request for a specific restaurant will be entertained if not requested during quotation process.
- For your Gala dinners, conferences & other special events we require a proper technical rider & specific requirements including but not limited to:
- Seating style expected
- Stage set up expected
- Cuisine & menu expected
- Table decoration expected
- Gala Dinner budget
- Sound, light, projector, type of projection (back or front?), stage size, height etc.
- Everybody understands something different by a Gala dinner. We need very clear specifications to give you a correct quote.
- All Gala dinner quotes are tentative until a list of specific requirements are agreed upon.
Tips & Porterage
Our offer does not include tips for the Guides/Drivers. The prevalent rates are as follows
- Drivers :- EUR 2.– per person per day (this is compulsory)
- Service Staff. EUR 1.– per person per day.
- Porterage at, but not limited to hotels, airports, railways stations, ships is not included in the offers.
- Tap water in Europe is clean & suitable for drinking. Mineral/Bottled water can be purchased by the guests at super markets or from the hotels/restaurants by making direct payment.
- Hotels in Europe do not provide free mineral water in the rooms. Please specifically ask for water in your quote or requirement as this will be an extra cost.
- Please inform us one month in advance if you want us to supply water to the guests (in the coach or elsewhere). This shall be charged @ a minimum of EUR 0.5 per bottle (500ml). Additional delivery charges will be decided on a case to case basis depending upon the quantity ordered.
- Any storage required at, but not limited to hotels, event locations, cruise, coach, train, sightseeing spots will be charged extra.
Damage to property
- Any damage to the property of the supplier(s) will have to be paid by you. Holidays Carnival will not take up any responsibility on your behalf (including any cash to be paid against the damages).
- Visas are solely your and your clients responsibility. We will not be responsible for any delays, rescheduling or cancellation resulting due to non-grant of applicable visas and/or necessary travel documents.
- Any financial obligations arising out of cancellation or rescheduling have to be paid by you.
- Confirmation for visa purposes from suppliers like Hotels & Holidays Carnival will only be sent after the advance payment is received in our account. Please ensure one week for preparing & organizing the same. We will not entertain any last minute requests.
Changes in no. of guests
Reduction in group size
- Collective group costs like Tour co-coordinator, event locations rentals, no of guests per coach etc has to be divided by lesser no of guests
- Change in the Hotel, catering, location prices etc by the suppliers due to loss of revenue.
Increase in groups size
- Restaurants, event locations, coach’s, hotels previously booked might not be able to accommodate the group size increase
- Additional manpower might be required to manage the group
No shows/ Last minute
- Any no shows will be charged 100% cancellation.
- The liability of Holidays Carnival is limited. We act only as an agent for all the services provided, including but not limited to services involving ship, air, rail, hotel accommodation, restaurants, which are provided by various companies who are independent contractors.
- We and our suppliers can not accept any responsibility for losses or accidental expenses due to delay or changes in schedules, defaults or over bookings by hotels, sickness, death, weather changes & conditions, strikes, war, political instability, quarantine and other causes beyond our control. All such losses or expenses will have to be paid by the passenger. Baggage and small articles (coats etc.) are at the owners risk throughout the travel.
- We reserve the right to vary itineraries in order to improve the itinerary, to the passenger’s enjoyment and advantage. We reserve the right to cancel or reschedule departures in accordance to the requirements deemed justified by us for any reason pertaining to / but not limited to operational requirements for the passengers safety.
- All services provided are subject to the laws of the specific countries or to the conditions of the various suppliers.
Jurisdiction/ Applicable Laws
- In case of any disputes
- first both the parties should try and sort the matter mutually amongst themselves
- If the dispute still remains unresolved after a period of 3 months, the UK laws are applicable and the only applicable jurisdiction is UK.
Change in Terms & Conditions
- Holidays Carnival maintains the right to alter the terms & conditions from time to time in accordance to the changes in, but not limited to the change in various laws of the countries it operates in, change in taxes, change in terms & conditions of its suppliers, new experiences we make as we operate each new tour.
The undersigned agrees to accept financial responsibility for the above arrangements and agrees with the payment conditions stated above. In case any one of the above terms and conditions is not adhered to, Holidays Carnival retains the right to cancel the bookings.
We request you to please sign and return this agreement as confirmation of your acceptance of the terms and conditions along with your first payment.
Receipt of payment will also be automatically considered as confirmation of your acceptance of the terms and conditions of this document.